Towing Service Concord – Points to be noted
Towing a trailer is not that tough but if you have no experience of towing then it can be a little stressful. The main issue is getting familiar with the extra weight and length of the trailer and how best to tow it with a new vehicle.
So with this in mind, here are nine tips to remember to make sure you have a more secure road trip in your Honda and feel more confident about driving with a trailer, as generated.wheel store Marysville
1) Firstly, take a flick through the manual. A trailer should have their own manual or maybe just a safety sticker on the side, which will tell you what size of vehicle you require to safely tow a caravan. Then check your Honda manual as you don’t want to overload your Honda’s engine.
2) Then, ensure that the trailer has a hitch package. This package is a system to attach the trailer electronics to the battery of your car. You really do need this system as it powers the rear lights on your trailer or caravan, ensuring that other drivers are aware that you are on the road.
3) Test your view as you want to make sure it is not restricted. This might involve extenders that attach to your wing mirrors giving you a better view of your camper and also to let you see any vehicles that are behind you or at your side. The last thing you want to do is crash into a car that is trying to overtake you.
4) Before you put the key in the car you should have an inspection. This should involve a thorough inspection of the trailer fittings and connection points. This should include: checking the pressure of tyres, making sure hitch wiring is long enough for the trailer to make turns, attaching the stabilizer and equalizer, making sure the trailer or caravan is balanced and place the trailer tongue into the correct position.
5) Before you put the key in the engine you need to make sure your belongings are secure. It is really important that you take the time to do this as you don’t want to arrive and find all of your things broken on the floor and cracked into thousands of pieces.
6) If you go down a hill then hold your speed. Go to a lower gear and slowly go down the hill, it is the only real way to cope with declining roads.
7) Be extra careful when you are reversing. When turning a corner the slightest of adjustments on the steering wheel can dent and damage a caravan and destroy the tow bar.
8) Next, you should try and not make any sharp or abrupt turns. If it is possible you should change your driving style so that steering adjustments can occur as early as possible, by doing this it will help to make sure you stay safe whilst you are driving.
9) Lastly, most Hondas should be appropriate for towing but if you have concerns then perhaps you should consider leasing a more powerful Honda instead. For example, when I went camping I took out a Honda leasing deal that was more appropriate for my road trip.
If you stick to this advice then hopefully you really will have the best time as part of your next holidayFind Article, regardless of the particular destination